Tuesday, March 10, 2009

38 weeks...

38 weeks... maybe 39... depending on which doctor of mine you talk to. To keep my sanity I perfer 38 weeks.

My recent doctors appointment said that the baby is still content in my belly. I did have a bit of high blood pressure so they are having me come in again friday for another check up just to make sure I'm not developing preeclampsia. I don't think I am though because high blood pressure is the only symptom I have so far.
This might turn out to be a small but heres a photo from a photographer that came in to take pregnancy shots for her portfolio. I like it, kinda looksl like a magazine photo.
Recently I've developed these itchy little red bumps on my legs and arms! I asked my doctor about it because i was worried it might be PUPPS but she said it was just estrogen overflow. They are driving me crazy. I hope these little bumps mean that my body is producing lots of estrogen because the baby is coming soon!
I also bought some raspberry leaf tea this weekend. I heard that if you drink it close to your due date it will get things soft and moving down there in preparation for the baby. Maybe even induce labor. I was pretty skeptical about it but the tea lady said there was a caution on the tea order for pregnant ladies. So that made me hopeful. LETS GO RASPBERRY TEA LEAF! do your stuff.

Here is a photo taken by a good friend, Noel, she's been asking to take belly photos for a while. I finally felt big enough to take some good shots. I was also getting a bit worried this little guy would come without warning and that we wouldnt get to take any shots! So last weekend she came over and we had a mini photo shoot. I've only seen a few but this one is a favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey,
    I had itchy bumps onmy arms and legs too. I never got it on my belly, so it wasn't PUPPS. I went to my family doctor to see what it was, becuase I was MIS-ER-A-BLE....I developed it at 26 weeks. It turned out that during pregnancy I developed allergies to citrus, oranges, tomatos, etc. It ws so hard to give it all up, katcup, tomoato sauce, fruit, juice, but it did go away once I stopped eatting all that. I know you are almost ready to pop, so it might not matter. Good luck with everything. I know everyone is different,and every baby is different, but I typed up a few things I wish i knew before I had a baby, and I am going to e-mail it to you....Much Love, Jolene

    ReplyDelete